Project Role : Quality Assurance(Automation) Developer
Project Role Description: Reviewing software bug reports and highlighting problem areas. Writing automation scripts and implementing software applications. Designing and installing software databases.
Department : Quality Assurance
Experience: 3 to 5 Years
- Design test scenarios and test cases based on SRS/FRS, executing the test cases and updating results into respective agile test planning tools like qTest/TestRail/TestLink.
- Document software defects, using defect tracking systems like Jira/Asana/bugzilla and report defects to software developers.
- Work in a team and gather data according to the Market and industry given by the team.
- Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope or delivery dates.
- Identify, analyze and document problems with program function, output, online screen or content.
- Monitor defect resolution efforts and track successes.
- Serve as the “quality advocate” for your functional component area.
- Designing and developing automation framework like BDD/TDD/Hybrid using Java or C# language along with documentation.
- Developing and refactoring automation script written in C#/Java along with usage of Framework components like TestNG/NUnit, Extent Report, Log4J etc libraries.
- Designing and executing Complex SQL queries to fetch out the data as and when required.
- Document and manage different Test artifacts for each release and prepare release notes if needed.
- Use of Scrum methodology and participation in all phases of the iterative SDLC processes.
- Mentors QA engineers or Junior Engineers for their Automation related work.
Skills and Experience :
- 3-5 years of Quality Assurance experience in Web/Mobile App Testing, Web service testing, preferably in a SaaS environment.
- Minimum 1.5 Years of Automation testing experience of total work tenure using industry recognized tools like Selenium, Appium, Cypress.
- Hands-on experience for understanding existing frameworks and updating as per requirement or creating new framework from scratch.
- Hands-on experience with API automation tools like Postman, SOAP UI etc and Performance Testing tools like JMeter will be an added advantage.
- Well versed with tools like Maven/ ANT / GIT / Jenkins
- Must have hands-on experience with Defect/Test Management tools like JIRA, Asana, Trello, TestRail, qTest, Testlink.
- Must have excellent attention to detail and the understanding of how to find flaws in complex software.
- Must have strong technical skills, such as an ability to understand basic SQL syntax for checking results in a database or editing XML configuration files.
- Should have demonstrated strong analytical capabilities and data analysis skills.
- Good oral and written communication along with interpersonal skills.
- Ability to accept and act upon criticism in a positive manner.
- Ability to self-direct effectively prioritize tasks, multi-task, and meet tight deadlines in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience of playing a key role as a Team player in an agile/scrum team.
- Strong commitment to quality and ability to work closely and communicate effectively with developers and product managers.
- Experience in the Healthcare, Ecommerce, ERP domains will be an added advantage.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.step into our techworld