Project Role : Quality Assurance(Manual) Developer
Project Role Description: You need to test the software to make sure it meets the requirements manually. Analyzing software to prevent issues and fixing bugs before it is delivered to customers.
Department: Quality Assurance
Experience: 3 to 4 Years
- Review and analyze requirement documentation to understand functional aspects of the modules/features available in the system.
- Design test scenarios and test cases based on SRS/FRS, executing the test cases and updating results into respective agile test planning tools like qTest/ TestRail/ TestLink.
- Conduct different types of testing like Smoke/Sanity Testing, Functional/Non Functional Testing, Regression Testing, API Testing,Database Testing,Performance Testing etc according to test plan or test strategies.
- Able to analyse/monitor applications logs for issues.
- Document software defects with all necessary details using Defect Management Tools like Jira, Asana, Trello etc.
- Document and manage different Test artifacts for each release and prepare release notes if needed.
- Monitor defect resolution efforts and track successes.
- Works with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Use of Scrum methodology and participation in all phases of the iterative SDLC process.
- Serve as the “quality advocate” for your functional component area.
- Assist in the deployments of all product releases, fix packs, hot fixes and troubleshooting of client issues.
- Mentors junior QA engineers or Trainee QA engineers for QA practices and for product knowledge.
Skills and Experience :
- 3-4 years of Quality Assurance experience in Web and Mobile App Testing, Web service Testing, preferably in a SaaS environment.
- Experience testing GUI and functional user workflow – not just a button pusher.
- Experience with Defect Management tools like Jira, Asana, Trello and Test management tools like TestRail, qTest, Testlink will be an added advantage.
- Must have strong technical skills, such as an ability to understand basic SQL syntax for checking results in a database or editing XML configuration files.
- Must have excellent attention to detail and the understanding of how to find flaws in complex software.
- Should have demonstrated strong analytical capabilities and data analysis skills.
- Good oral and written communication along with interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Ability to accept and act upon criticism in a positive manner.
- Ability to self-direct effectively prioritize tasks, multi-task, and meet tight deadlines in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience of playing a key role as a Team player in an agile/scrum team.
- Knowledge of any industry recognized software automation tool will be an added advantage.
- Strong commitment to quality and ability to work closely and communicate effectively with developers and product managers.
- Experience in the Healthcare, ECommerce, ERP domains – will be an added advantage.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.