The prime important thing about any successful web development project is the right decision taken during the challenging situations.
For example, the first and foremost thing is to decide which platform will you choose to create the web application for the project – Ruby on Rails (RoR), WordPress, PHP or any other web application development platform?
All the platforms are highly capable and each of it has its own strength. So, why are most of the web developers buzzing on Ruby on Rails (RoR)?
About Ruby on Rails (RoR)
Before jump starting on the benefits, let’s understand few basics about the RoR web application framework.
For those who are new to this segment, Rails is the framework for web application development which offers rich libraries to create dynamic webpages and Ruby platform independence, pure object oriented interpreter programming language which is used to create the applications.
Similar to the PHP, Symfony and Python platforms, the coding and development process of RoR based on the convention over configuration principle by which it enables any developer to create and code faster.
Loaded with several pre-conventions the platform enables developers to easily load on the existing files and deliver faster than the defined time.
Key Benefits of Ruby on Rails Platforms
- Every Developer’s Choice: The simple and straight fact about Ruby on Rails developer friendly platform which enables them to develop applications faster, test the prototype, check feasibility, etc.
- No Cost Platform: Being an open source platform, it can easily be loaded on Linux which makes it a perfect environment for every developer.
- Strong Team Community: Similar to other open source community, the RoR platform is backed by a strong community which helps you with all the queries and challenges.
- Standardized Coding: The coding conventions followed in RoR enables any development team to easily pickup the RoR framework based application developed by another team to manage and add new features or functionalities as needed by clients.
- Build your own Plug-in and Gems: It also offers the flexibility to create your own plug-in and gems which can be use seamless thus apps which makes it much more flexible platform compared to others. Some of the largest players who have adopted RoR platform for their business applications are Airbnb, Github, Gitlab, Hulu, LivingSocial, Twitter, Groupon, Basecamp and many more.
Key Things to Consider RoR Platform before Starting Development Project
This section can be useful for the developers as well as the clients who are planning to develop applications for their business using Ruby on Rail platform.
Considering the unending list of benefits, most of the start-up businesses choose RoR platform to build their web based applications. However, there are few things to be considered as listed below:
- Choice of Application: Before starting the development or process of choosing the platform for the application, it is important to understand the nature of application and what business need will it serve. Key areas to think up on are focused audience, geography, innovativeness, and timeline.
- Focused Audience: The simple reason why target audience of the client’s demographic region is important to know because it helps in understanding the comfort level of the users with the technology and platforms that they are use to. It helps developers to be more equipped with the right solutions that offer right solution.
- Innovativeness: If the native users are more use to the Java or desktop applications then in order transform their experience, single page app based structure can be created with front-end based JS.
- Timeline: For every developer as well as client, the timeline is one of the important factors as faster time to market prime aspect. Choose the RoR platform to deliver faster than the timeline.
Business Age: There are actually two things to taken into consideration like the age of business and the size of business.
- Age of Business: If it is a start-up product application or retail application which can expect high scalability of users, the platform can be accordingly customized to provide high flexibility and scalability.
- Size of Business: If you have an application which needs more flexibility and scalability then Rails can be the right platform for your business.
So, now you can understand why Ruby on Rails is gaining more popularity in its segment.
Making the right choices at the right time in any tech project is the simple mantra for the successful project.
Moreover, when there are many players with limited knowledge about the platform then the percentage of misguidance becomes higher for clients and customers.
In such case it is always recommended to choose experienced and professional of Ruby on Rails (RoR) developers like Atharva System. Choosing the best team offers you the best results.
We hope the points that we have highlighted will help you in choosing the right platform, right team, and right resources for your projects.
If you are interested in knowing more about RoR or have some queries or need assistance with any Ruby on Rails application development then feel free to get in touch with us at: email@example.com